Wednesday, February 25, 2009

2 weeks to live...

I have watched over the last year as my courageous Aunt Mary has battled breast cancer with an enormous fight. What a powerful example of strength and dignity she has displayed. Imagine my own mother - beautiful, confident and fun - but with blonde hair and just a few years younger. I remember one time she emailed me and said "We are in fighting mode, just loving each day and all it has to offer. Off to get my daily “zapping…” Love, Mary"

What a wonderful attitude! She has constantly amazed me with her ability to see life in a new way - loving each moment she has left. We had hoped that someday she would be free and clear from this struggle with cancer. And now she will be, just not it all the ways we had yearned for. Yet the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away...He is all knowing and in control and we put our faith in Him.

So now as the cancer has spread to almost every aspect of her body, she has been given 2 weeks to live. What do you do with that? What would I do with that? I have thought about it all day and its too hard for me to wrap my finger around, yet we do what we have to do. We all must try and live each moment to the fullest degree, free from sin - anger - pride, full of love - charity - goodness, so no matter the day, we can stand ready to meet our Maker...

2 comments:

Shalee said...

My eyes are filled with tears! I love your thoughts and also I am glad we know. Love you Kelly!

Chatty Natty said...

So sorry to hear...you're beautiful, Kel:)