Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"Don't get mad, take a picture!"

We have lots of wonderful family memories and most of them consist of hardcore mess's. Many years ago when I was a new mother and devouring every Parenting Magazine I could get a hold of, I came across a quote I will never forget -

"Don't get mad, take a picture!"

I love this because I have remembered this over and over (not as much as I should though), and tried to hold my tongue and grab my camera instead.


So now I am posting some fun mess's just from the last few weeks that were my favorites!






I decided to let Karly dish up her own hot chocolate and then leave her for a minute - remind me not to do that again! But she was so happy using up ALL of the hot chocolate for her drink - or should I call it "pudding"?



























































Mike called to me the other morning in a calm voice,"KEEELLLLLY." I was like "What do you need?" and he responded a little more urgently, "Keeeeelllllyy, I need your help!" Well, he hardly ever needs MY help (usually the other way around), so I quickly came downstairs and saw this! I just started laughing and made him hold the broken flour bucket a few minutes longer while I searched for the camera. Hey - I am just grateful he cooks alot - even if he does drop the flour bucket once in a while!

Finally, this morning I am updating my blog when all of a sudden I hear "GERONAMO!!!!" and see this sippy cup of milk flying over the balcony and crashing to the flour. My favorite part was hearing little feet running away upstairs before they got caught (that little Joey I tell you!). Who ever said these cups were worth buying anyway?!!!

4 comments:

TANNAHILLS said...

Kel.. I love the new Easter pictures!! Thanks for the reminder that there is another option besides yelling!! I'll keep my camera close by!

Jodi said...

Hi Kelly! Your family is beautiful and your blog is so cute! How in the world did you make the collage of pictures at the top! I am so new to all this blogging business! You and Mike look just like you did 10 years ago! Whoa, how did ten years fly by! It is so good to catch up with your family, we will check back often to see what you are up to.

Jodi said...

I can't wait to try some of your recipes!

Marion said...

You've always had such an amazing attitude about things. I'll have to remember the camera thing. It might save my sanity.