Sunday, April 19, 2009

Fun with the Fam -





Whenever we can get Mike a day off work we like to take him and RUN!!!!! It seems we can often get better family time when we escape the phones and busyness of life and retreat into nowhere. This is our new favorite "nowhere..."

It's a little island about 1 1/2 hours away from our home and we took the day to explore it. I loved this place because it was so peaceful and the sounds of birds were everywhere. I think my favorite part was the fact that NO BEARS live on the island (those of you who know all my issue's with those things - thanks to a few college buddies and that darn Yosemite trip...) and I could hike anywhere I wanted. My boys (all four of them) hiked up to the top of awesome hills while I would linger with my little princess as she would "sniff" all the flowers (mostly weeds). We would go about 50 feet and the boys would already be done. I didn't realize I would love hiking with her, even if it meant basically "lingering".

So glad that peaceful places like this still exist and we don't have to take an airplane to get there.

No comments: