Saturday, May 30, 2009

A simple Candy Gram...


One of my dearest friends did the KINDEST thing for my little Dallin this week. He loves soccer and up to this week our team had not lost a game (won 3 and tied 3). He was a bit restless going into this weeks game because I was not going to be there to coach (Natalie is my AWESOME friend and assistant coach and was taking over for me) and his best buddy was not going to be there as well, whom Dallin really plays well with.

It ended up being the "Black" team which we had played before and it was one of the rudest teams I have ever had my kids play against. #4 in particular is very grouchy all my kids on the team know about him and can't stand him. Dallin is a really aggressive player and so is #4 and so the last time we played he really saught Dallin out to try and get in his way. I usually don't get fired up but that was an exception. That other coach got my spicey side that day!!!!

We tied that game and so this time around #4 came back with a vengence and was just awful. He kept taunting Dallin on the field and saying rude things to him. The last straw was when he grabbed Dallin's shirt and shoved him down. The ref's are just kids so they don't see alot of things - so of course no foal was called. Mike ran out on the field and had a word or two with him about it. But regardless, my sweet Dallin was just hurt inside. Most everyone knows that Dallin is a busy little thing but has the most tender heart in the world and he just couldn't figure out why some strange kid would be so nasty over a soccer game. We ended up losing the game too which really added salt to the wound (we have a long road to go if we are ever gonna do High School sports...Dallin needs to get tougher and I need to SHUT MY MOUTH!!!!).

But anyway, my whole point of writing today was to talk about my dear friend who coaches with me. I am so blessed to have her as a neighbor and she keeps me sane through all of lifes ups and downs with neighborhoods. She knew Dallin was so torn up about the game and has 4 boys of her own so she really has soft spot for my boys. The next day I opened our door to see this candy gram on our porch specifically for Dallin. She had gotten some of the teammates together and made this for him to boost him up and help him feel better! I left it on the table so Dallin could see it when he woke up and I have rarely seen him more touched than that. He carried it all around the house reading it over and over, not even wanting to touch the candy. When I told him who did it he nicely said "I knew it was her!" Which really made me happy that he feels a safety and love from her like that, knowing she was capable of doing something so kind for him.

Anyway, life always goes on but it is sure nice when someone gives you flowers along the way...or candygram. We love you NATALIE!!!!

1 comment:

The HousewifeTravels said...

That was super sweet. Thanks to Natalie for taking such good care of our friends the Ballards