Monday, October 26, 2009

I try to excercise, I really do!


I love to do Yoga, especially as I get older and my knees and back just don't work like they used to.

But so do my kids...can you tell?

I have to get up by 5:30 or 6:00 am, quietly - ever so quietly - sneak downstairs and start my workout. I am so careful to open up the tv console carefully so as not to make a sound.

But inevitably I hear little feet tapping upstairs through the hallway to see what Mommy is doing. I don't get how they hear me, but they always do. Whatever happened to kids wanting to sleep in? Probably will come when they have to start early morning seminary...


So today I let them join me. Was a bit hard to move around them and the toys, but they just loved it.



And quite frankly, after seeing the pictures, so did I.

6 comments:

The HousewifeTravels said...

Girl, I'm glad I'm not the only one. My kids freak out if I exercise at home. I don't know why!

Chatty Natty said...

Oh my girls LOVE yoga and it's kinda fun to have a little company except when they crawl underneath me while in downward dog or sit on my back when in upward dog. And the deep relaxation doesn't really work the same but it's fun.

Amy D said...

That's so funny. I have the same problem in the morning. I don't know why I lucked out and got such early-risers either. Gotta love it!

Amy D said...

That's so funny. I have the same problem in the morning. How were we so lucky to get such early-rising kids? :)

Chelle said...

Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise! Good for you for establishing healthy habits!!!

Marion said...

I can totally relate. I love the picture with everyone laying down.