Wednesday, March 25, 2009

5:48 am...seriously?










My little Mikey has been an early bird since the day he was born, just like his father. As a matter of fact, all my little boys are early birds. The only one who has EVER slept in past 8 am is my little princess, who takes after her mommy. Today I woke up to piano practicing...at 5:48 am! For a moment my mind let me think "wow, seriously!!?", but then immediately I was swept over with love for this little 9 year old boy who does so well at all the responsibilities that he has. After he was done I asked him to do his 2 "family duties" (this is what we call chores in our house) and his response was - "sure mom! that's a piece of cake!" Then I thought "wow. seriously." He is such a good little guy, his example spreads through out the house - even Dallin gets up now and jumps right to work. I love these sweet boys...

6 comments:

The HousewifeTravels said...

Awesome! I need some of that Mikey Mojo at my house.

TANNAHILLS said...

WOW... do we have defirrent children!! Brayden woke up at 9:30 this morning!! I am so impressed with how sweet your cute kids are.... good job MOM!!

Kristin Jones said...

Way to practice that piano, Mikey!! Woohoo!

Chelle said...

Mikey told me last week at his lesson that he got up routinely every morning at 6am to practice piano. I was impressed! I figured his cute mommy was "crackin' the whip" to get him in the good habit forming mode. Now I'm really blown away! What a great kid! I'm lucky to have such a dedicated piano student! He's breezing through those lesson books like nobody's business!!! Maybe we've got a little Beethoven in our midst:)

Chelle said...

BTW...your window treatments look fabulous! I'll have to see them in full view one of these days! Great job!

Suzy said...

AAAAW! I miss your sweet boys! Tell Dallin hi from Sister Lokey!