Sunday, May 3, 2009

Movie Night with Grandma -


The other day I was thinking about my dear Grandma (whom I absolutely adore) and trying to figure out ways to spend better quality time with her. She is one of the most uplifting and caring persons that I know and her mind is still so alert and full of fantastic whit. I had the idea pop into my mind about having movie night with her but instead of going out we would all come to her! She loved the idea because she is not as mobile as she would like to be - so we (a few of our family, not even close to the representation I have on this side alone - over 50 cousins and then some!) gathered around and brought treats and began to watch the original "Pride and Prejudice" series.

It was so much fun to be together and afterwords we sat around and listened as she shared fun stories of our late Grandpa Rex. I just love being with her because any time I feel down about my unsuccesses as a mother and come to her and all she does is build me up and act like I am the most hard working mother in the world. She praises me and uplifts me. What amazes me is that she raised 10 fantastic children in a time when there was not washing machines, dishwashers, fast food, or wal-marts. Yet she never complains about her experience and this strengthens me. I just love this woman and so glad her example graces my life. Your wonderful Grandma!!!

No comments: