Sunday, June 7, 2009

I adore this woman...


This is wonderful Grandma whom I am named after and who I just adore. She lives close to me and I try to be with her as much as I can, it makes me feel close to my Dad when he lives so far away.

There are so many reasons why I love her:

As a mother of 10 living children, she inspires me with her guidance to be a better woman.

Even though she had to hand wash clothes, have no t.v., raise 10 kids, wash cloth diapers, no epidurals, cook everything from scratch, and lose a sweet baby, she treats me like I am amazing for all the "hard" work that I have to do to raise my kids. Seriously it seems easy compared to her life.

She has served three missions and continues to have a deep testimony of the Savior which she so willingly shares.

She has the best wit and humor and always gets me laughing at a moments notice.

She has been a widow for so many years yet she never complains. We just sit and talk about her sweetheart "Rex" every chance we get as she patiently waits for the day she gets to see him again.

She adores me as well as all her 50+ grandchildren, yet I feel like her favorite - even though I am sure we all feel like that. It takes a special person to be able to make you feel this way.

For all you do for me my dear wonderful Grandma, my hat goes off to you and I love you!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Isn't it wonderful to have such wonderful grandparents for examples on how to live and for love and encouragement? I have a grandma who passed away a couple of years ago that was like your grandma, in that she always made me feel so good about myself and what I was doing in my life. She always made me feel like I was her favorite!

Pam Price said...

Isn't Grandma just the BEST??!!! I'm not even her biological grandchild, have only been in the family for a year and a half, and I feel like I am her favorite ;) I never really had any grandparents, so I love when I get to visit with her...she cracks me up like no other! Funny to hear the stuff that she says coming from a woman in her 90's :) I'm so grateful to have gotten the chance to know her, and only wish I had had more time in my life to know her...but there is always the eternities! Ryan and I just went and visited her a few weeks ago. Love her. So glad you get to visit her often.

Thressa said...

I too adored my grandmother. I miss her everyday but I'm so thankful that like you I took every chance to spend time with her. Those are the memories that stay. They are a constant source of joy. No amount of time or distance can diminish them.