Monday, July 13, 2009

I survived Girls Camp!!!

I have to admit, I loved every second of it. My little young women are so dang special to me and all the leaders I serve with are such wonderful ladies, I adore them all. Thanks to my friend Lisa, we got to stay in a cabin this year! From hiking, playing in the lake, Marshmallow fights with our Bishopric, to one of the finest testimony meetings I have ever been too - it made out to be a fabulous week (except for flying in a 40 foot human swing in the tree tops, I REALLY did not like that part - thought I was going to die...). Just couldn't wait to get home to a REAL toilet - yes, outhouses have never been a safe place for me, ever since I was little, thanks to scary stories about them from my best buddy Molly. Regardless, all pride went out the window this week, hence the picture with my awesome glasses. But hey, you gotta be a little funny for them to every take you seriously - right?



Right before the huge yucky swing. DID NOT WANT TO GO. But how do you not when all your Young Women are chanting you name at the top of their lungs? Even though I thought my stomach was coming out of my nose, I just couldn't let them down!

Skit night!

Once again, the yucky swing...


I got attacked with silly string, literally.

At they lake the girls decided to get drenched then come give me a huge hug! Of course other leaders knew about it and got me on camera screaming!


My girls always laugh at my Cali Lingo - its just in me what can I say? Have to keep it with me wherever I go - reminds me of my dancing buddies, Angie and Kim!

The whole crew!

I almost made it to the top of this ridiculously high rock wall, despite my SERIOUS fear of heights. 30 feet isn't as good as 40 feet, but it will have to do.

Once again, they loved to freak me out.


And I got to come home to no dishes in the sink, ALL the laundry done, my wood floors spotless, and my garage floor newly painted and speckled...I have no idea where that man gets his energy or time, but he is definately a keeper. Love you Mike!!!!

8 comments:

Chelle said...

Looks like you got your adrenaline rush to last you a while! You're a great sport! Fun, fun camp!

The HousewifeTravels said...

You make me excited for our up coming girls camp. It'll probably be less fun than yours though. That is awesome! Was that "I'm a WOMAN" for your skit? Memories....

adamemilybowman said...

Quite different from Cordova Girls Camp days huh.

Lis said...

What FUN! Those girls are sure lucky to have ya! And way to overcome some fears. YUCK!

melissanothum said...

Hey Kel....I knew it was just a matter of time that they would pull you into the young women! Beware...youll never want to be released!! I love and hope all is well.
Melissa Nothum

Rex J. Price said...

Hi Kelley This is Rex, Your Cousin. Hows the family. Your blog is awesome! you should add me to your family list. I made a blog for my art its rexprice.blogspot.com hope to see you at the reunion.

Julie Moore said...

You are just too cute for words Kel! I love all the pictures! Girls Camp is really the best!

Swanky Mommy said...

Okay, so I haven't blog stalked in FOREVER--teach me. So I start reading this post and think, "SERVES YOU RIGHT GIRL! Chicken in the coop, POOP." And then I read down and see the shout out to me and Ang. I wish I could have come up while she was here to have a pow wow. We really do need to get together more and catch up. Anyway, thanks for sharing the awesome pics--SO MUCH FUN!