Wednesday, July 29, 2009

We miss you Seth...

One of my little brothers best buddies passed away last week, and we had the blessing of going to his funeral in California. Dallin, Rex, and Seth have been buddies ever since they were little boys. We lived right next store to his family and he lived at our home. My parents adore him and he was staple at our house for breakfast. Seth was such a blessing in our lives. They great thing about him is that he defied all odds. He was born with the inability to great Red Blood Cells and was not supposed to live past age 2, yet he made it to 27! Every three weeks for his entire life he had to go in and get a full blood tranfusion. Dallin used to go and drive him there and play games with him all day while they waited for the transfusion to be complete. This condition also added to disformaties in his body which inhibited growth among so many other things. Now, living with God, Seth's body is whole and compete. We miss this sweet inspiration that made our whole family better people...
All of us here were in our church youth group together (missing a few buddies) and Seth's brother, Josh (in glasses) was my buddy. He was so amazing at the funeral.


Rex and Dallin had many tender moments...This one was my favorite.
I will have to say that I have never seen anything more closure to my heart when it comes to brotherly love than to watch two young men who diligently watched over and cared constantly for a sick friend for many years, then observe them as they willingly took shovels and helped bury his body into the earth. They never stopped serving our sweet Seth, yet they feel like he was the one who changed their lives completely.




"BE KIND.
EVERYONE YOU MEET IS FIGHTING A HARD BATTLE."
~marjorie pay hinckley

6 comments:

Dianne said...

Sweet post, sorry for the loss. Your right, he is whole and in a better place. You are always so positive.

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

Ok! I have been trying to be tough and stay SO strong since the death of my youngest brother Trent. He was the greatest join in our lives. He would have been 27 in September. Trent was disabled he used to love to sit out on 7th east in sandy and watch the cars go by. Its So hard not seeing him in his wheelchair I know he is perfect now but to us he was perfect here. Your post touched my heart. Your family seemed SO amazing to Seth I admire you and know how blessed your family has been to have him in your life. What a guy- my heart aches for you. I know how hard it is to want 2 be in his his life daily. Its weird my brothers casket looked the same. I have not had time to blog because of jury duty- done w/that so I will be back on it.
You have a wonderful family!

Chelle said...

So tough to lose a special friend. Sounds like he will leave quite a legacy behind. How nice that you could fly out to be at his funeral. Fun to see pictures of your cute brother, Dallin.

claire said...

I was touched by this post...appreciate you sharing it. Now I understand better why you were so quick to open your hearts to us and Monte, I really feel that those who grow up with "special" kids are forever changed. Thanks for the great example and all the love, what a lucky guy to have such special friends.

Kimi said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Kelly. What a lucky person you are to have been surrounded by someone so amazing. Your family is so cute! Glad to see you are well.

carlyd said...

This made me cry. So beautiful. I love your family. Such amazing people. xoxo