Thursday, August 13, 2009

Our Pets...








For forever my boys have asked us for a doggy, but heaven knows I can only potty train one child (or animal) at a time. So for now its a NO. But we thought of all the possibilities and dove into the world of birds. We love it! Each morning Karly asks to see the "Tweet Tweets" and then proceeds to see if they will give her a HIGH FIVE. Silly girl. They sing all day and I just love the sound. My bird cage find was the kicker, I fell in love with it and insisted I needed birds to go with it. Thanks Mom!

Dallin got a frog for his birthday so of course we had to go buy all the good things to make it have a happy and enjoyable life. Watching it eat crickets is our new found fun time! But all in all it helps the kids know how to take care of something that depends on them, and we love it for that reason alone.

Happy Trails!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

You are a better mom than me! I am the party pooper when it comes to getting pets! Fish-that is where I draw the line, and even those we can't keep alive!

Barbara said...

Hey, if you need crickets--there are tons out here. And a million grasshoppers...

Bring everyone over and we can laugh while the boys catch crickets!

Then I'll call Tom and Chanelle and their boys could help too-