Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Surprises in my grocery cart -

When Mike and I used to go grocery shopping as newlyweds he was always sneaking Dorito's or Oreo's into the cart. I had no idea the items would just keep piling up once little kidlets came to be! So its a must that I scan the grocery cart as I unload or I make it home with serious extras that are of no consequence.

Today though, Joey won. I was so careful as I unloaded at Walmart - took out 5 sneeky things that were not supposed to be there. But as I was soothing crying babies, wiping up spilled Gogurts near the check out stand and picking all the items that kept falling off the convaer belt because I stacked them too high - this one got past me...

SPONGEBOB Termomater!

Seriously, I haven't even looked at my receipt but I am sure this thing was at least 10 bucks just for having SPONGEBOB on it. Now I need to go wait in the return line because my four year old master mind beat me today. We did buy SPONGEBOB Mac and Cheese though (which I approved), something I would have never dreamed giving to Mikey, but hey - I'm on my fourth kid - its all about survival.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Ha! I took my yougest three with me on Friday to Home Depot to pick up some wood stain and a paintbrush. We were there for all of about 10 minutes. When I got back out to the car and was loading them all back in, I discovered a stash of 3 tubes of wood filler under the baby's carseat thanks to my little monster, Miles!

This turned a 10 minutes trip into a 20 minute trip by the time I returned the goods! Silly kids!

Chelle said...

Yep...sounds familiar! Gotta love the sneaky kids...

Jodi said...

Ha...that is hiliarious