Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Yahoo for Good Teachers!!!

As each new year rolls around I count the minutes I get to see my kids name listed on the door of the school under which new teacher they will have. Every kid comes home with the one that they want who looks "nice" in the hall or the one they don't want (whom all the kids talk about at recess). Our school does not allow you to choose your teachers and so its always the luck of the draw. I am not terribly picky with personality as long as they can mesh with my child well and my kids feel safe in the classroom - by far that is the most important thing to me. So I prayed my guts out this year in hopes of the best teachers for my boys because they really need a good year. Our move hasn't been the easiest on them and making deep friends has taken alot longer than expected. So anyway we just needed a good experience this time around. So I walk up to the school last week and BINGO!!!!!

Mikey got my cousin who teaches as the school and whom I have watched grow up and adore like a sister! I can not be more excited for him and I am going to spoil her to death. Plus, all the kids at recess thinks she is so nice!!

Dallin got a teacher I did not know about and then my girlfriend found out who we had and told me she was so jealous! She had the best things to say about her and then when we got home from vacation Dallin had a letter in the mail from her letting him know how excited she was to have him in class - so awesome.

So, most of my fears are now laid to rest as we approach the 09-10 season of school, now I just have to worry and "The Birds and The Bees" talk, not forgetting money for school lunch, and hoping Mikey doesn't start to notice girls any time soon...just the easy stuff.

3 comments:

The HousewifeTravels said...

You're awesome. Good luck with the little stuff :)

Marion said...

I'm so glad they have good teachers. It'll make the year go by so much smoother.

Julie Moore said...

Oh YES - the infamous 4th grade "birds and bees" discussion has been on my mind too! YIKES! We'll have to compare notes! :)