Sunday, September 13, 2009

Often this is the backyard scene at my house. I love this picture because Mikey and his two neighbor bud's were thirsty after a fun ride and came in for a drink. I glanced out to see these bikes all parked in a row. I love to hear little motorcycles getting fired up and watching all the boys go off our home made jumps, they have so much fun. Mikey and Dallin always know the drill before they ride - helmet, jeans, longsleeves, and heavy shoes...then off they go. Love that so many neighbor buddies like to ride with them!
This is what happens though when you try to teach a four year old how to ride a 50cc. Mikey started when he was 6, but I guess Joey acts holder, cause we thought he was ready...
Mike tried to chase after him as fast as he could once we realized that Joey had forgotten where the break was. He climbed right up the hill, missed the fence by a hair and then crashed through my tomato plants.
It broke my heart when he came running to me sobbing, not because he was hurt but because he was so devastated that he ruined my plants. I made sure he knew after that, that my garden meant nothing compared to him - poor little guy.

And by the way, Mike re-propped them up on their bases and we have still gotten a huge crop of Roma's after all! We are waiting to teach Joey about dirtbikes till next season...



2 comments:

The HousewifeTravels said...

That's so fun and sweet.

Shalee said...

I can just picture this! Those boys are amazing:):)