Wednesday, November 25, 2009

cooking blues...

Some times I wonder why I even set foot in the kitchen, regardless that I love to cook and love eating even more. After so many times of hearing "yucky!", "ewwww", "I WANT SOMETHING ELSE!!!", etc... You get kind of worn down, ya know?

Seriously, am I an idiot or does such things as Italian Chicken, Stuffed Chicken Crescents, Hawaiian Fajitas and Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread really sound that gross? I get them to eat Oatmeal at any given moment, so where did I mess up?

I think I need to take my kids to a foreign country for awhile and let them taste Jellied Pig Knuckles on Rye Bread (Denmark) or Fish Soup (China) - maybe they will appreciate me more.

Man, I am so wiped out tonight from tears at the dinner table. My reality - little stinkers....love em all, but they sure are picky.

2 comments:

Carr Family said...

you are not alone.... Cameron asks me every night what's for dinner and without fail he says, "I don't feel like that tonight." worst part of the day!

Candace's Crew said...

Aww, one of those days. I promise you, Carly will try to be the cook you are and your boys will ask their wives to get some of your recipes! Those kids taste buds are dull. Guess what all that matters is that you are cooking and eating together. They will grow into it. My motto... It's what's for dinner:}