Sunday, November 22, 2009

Our new baby girl...


We finally did it and joined the ranks of dog owners all over the world. The kids have begged for years and I have been completely against it. Shedding is not my thing. Until my Aunt started breeding Yorkies - who do not shed - did I become interested. For months we talked about it and Mike finally got on board. He loves dogs but only big ones - but I was NOT ready for big dogs and big poop.


We got her two weeks ago and our kids are in heaven. Maybe too much. The poor thing never gets left alone, but she is so happy. She loves to eat socks and chew on Karlys nightgown.


Oh yah, and biting Dallin's ear falls into her favorite category too. We need to work on that.


I do feel like I have a baby again and finally get to rest when she goes down for her nap. Cleaning up the poop is my lease favorite job, so I am counting down the months till she is potty trained! All in all, she is so fun to have! We named her KC - the kids wanted to name her after Karly, and I said "No." Then they wanted to name her after me, and I said "No." So our initials are KC and that is what she became. I really wanted "Molly" for some reason - but they all shot that down...regardless, she is one dang cute dog!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will love having a yorkie! We have 2 yorkie mix dogs and they are little angels. They definitely go through a chewing and digging stage but they have such great personalitis! And ours are so great with kids! They have been carried around and dropped and dressed up a ton:) I am so excited to know that these little dogs that we love will be our kids dogs! I can't wait to see lots of updated photos!!

DAVE AND CANDACE BOLLARD said...

She is so adorable!! I want a Yorkie so badly, but Dave doesn't seem to think it's a good idea.

Thressa said...

Kelly,
I'm so glad that I got to meet the new girl in your family. She is so sweet and really a great Kisser/licker! I'm grateful for the pure joy I got from meeting KC and seeing how much the kids and you love her. I know from my life with my "BOYS" you are in for years of love, and some of the best laughs you will ever have.
Love you guys.

The HousewifeTravels said...

She is a cute doggy! I could go for a dog that doesn't shed!

Oh, Sweet!... said...

Cute!!! That's exactly what I want! Do they have any left? What do they charge! How fun for your family!