Thursday, January 28, 2010

One of my favorites!



I love this wall! My dear friend Erin did it in her sons room with orange, green and cream and I just had to do it too. I shopped at Roberts and Michaels for the letters, picked 4 colors of paint, and found one drape panel that I loved from Ross. You use the extra fabric to add accents to each letter, making it unique.


I wanted to display my kids artwork in the same room, so I used the same paint colors to match the wood frames (Roberts), then used once again the scraps from the curtain to make ribbon. You can update the pictures as your kids get older (I still have some holes to fill!).



All I needed was some valences here, so I cut and spliced the one curtain that I got and sewed away. It cost me $7 for all the material for the whole room. I even had some left over to make 2 decorative pillow cases for the bean bags!



Dollar store frames, fun stuff from yard sales, and signs from Roberts was a great way for me to accent the top of our book cabinet. All the colors go with the ABC wall.
My favorite thing to see in the morning is all my boys laying on the bean bags reading in their library, waiting for me to get up. I always remember how President Hinckley used to talk about the library he has in his home, and that it gave him a love for learning. I am hoping I can do the same...

2 comments:

TANNAHILLS said...

YEAY!!! I love how it turned out!! I love the colors you used too!! Good job MARTHA!!!

Marion said...

You are so talented. I love the frames for the the kids art. Way to go!