Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Temple

Was a really heavy week this week. So many things to worry about and I just felt like I was so emotionally tired. Nothing I can't handle but just felt "heavy". I was going to head off to the Temple but was having a hard time getting there. Thanks to my wonderful husband who helped push me out the door - I finally got there.

I can't even explain the feelings that I had as my car approached closer and closer. I could literally feel my heaviness being lifted from my shoulders and as I sat it the parking I was overwhelmed at how peaceful I felt. Once inside my body felt so free of burdens that I literally felt weak - does that make any sense? I was so full of gratitude for this "tender mercy" from my Heavenly Father. I just needed a small break from worry and that's exactly what I got. No changed, nothing was solved, but I was lifted.

I am so grateful that we have Temples to find peace in...

5 comments:

BSW said...

Thanks for sharing this sweet time in your life. I love the Temple and am working on getting there more often!

The HousewifeTravels said...

Me too! Glad that you recognize where to go for rejuvenation of spirit. Wish everyone did! I miss living near a temple. 3 hours away is too far for how often I want to be there.

zxevans said...

I am so glad to have found you on here! :D You have an awesome blog and you are an amazing awesome decorator and person! :) I love all the pics! :)

Carr Family said...

me too, there's nothing like the temple, such an amazing blessing in our lives!

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

Thank You SO much for your testimony, it was truly inspiring, I had never thought about Shawn and I switching off so we were going. I have SO many personal things that are beating me down right now, I need to get in and get my recommend, I just know if I go in and talk to any of the Bishopric I will crack. I need to work my way there and pray I can make it there without falling apart. I loved your testimony as well as Brother Garzone's and Sister Cottle's, what an amazing day it was and the spirit was so strong.