Saturday, February 27, 2010

My deadly Costco run...

Seriously, every time I try and attempt a "family Costco trip" - I leave feeling like "Why on earth did I do that?!!!!"

I hadn't taken the whole crew in awhile so Mike and I thought we would try it out again, shop a bit and grab some yummy pizza. But low and behold - WHAT WAS I THINKING?!!!

Here is the run down:
  • Try to shop but kids want to watch the TV's so we split up and do our thing separate (whats the point of going together again?).
  • We get back together with the exact same items, should have cordinated I guess.
  • Get our pizza and arrive at the table, boys are being silly and the people behind us keep starring at them.
  • I finally call them out on it cause I can't stand people who stare at my kids!
  • They feel bad and try to make small talk - kind of awkward.
  • Then I feel bad and try to be nice back, should have just kept my mouth shut as usual.
  • Kids start fighting and calling each other "POOP" names - classic.
  • One boy drinks too much soda and pukes on the floor.
  • While we are cleaning it up we get more fighting on the side. Positive we are getting lots of stares but too busy to care.
  • Karly slips off the bench and whacks her head so hard. Loudest noise, whole room seems to stop to see what happened. Piercing screams come from Karly.
  • As I am holding her I feel something wet streaming down my brand new pants. Apparently Karly didn't see the need to keep her diaper on when she changed her clothes for the 2 time that morning and I didn't see.
  • Getting even more stares now.
  • Squat down holding a crying baby and try to clean up pee on the floor at the same time while Mike is gathering the rest of the crew who is so worried about Karly. All I can say is get out to the car as fast as you can!
  • Leave Costco after making the best scene ever with pee all down my clothes and trying to keep wet Karly warm with my sweater as we head out into the cold.
  • Have to put Karly in Mikes new truck - who needs the nice new smell of a brand new truck anyway right? We are just wearing it in.
  • Get home - EXHAUSTED!!!
So, needless to say, I am retiring from Family Trips to the local Costco...

8 comments:

Ashley said...

That is classic! SO not fun at the moment, but will be so funny to read back (in a few years :)). You're a great mom!

Thressa said...

I'm not laughing at you.... No I am Laughing at you! Puke and pee what a great way to spend the day.

The HousewifeTravels said...

On those days it seems that everything happens all at once! I'm surprised you didn't start achain puke reaction. Think of Costco as your own little place to get away by yourself.

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

Ha, Ha, Ha- I have had one of those days, many of those days- I am so sorry it's one of those things you say it's better her then me, you know everyone was thinking that as they stared at you (like they have never been in that situation).
This is WHY we LOVE our kids, these times go so FAST and then we wish them back. Enjoy!! LOVE it.

Kristin Jones said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I don't even like to take one to the grocery store, you brave girl!! In a little while you'll be able to look back and laugh??? :)

Lis said...

I went to Costco today w/ my three kids and had a moment of silence for you as we passed the food court. So sorry for the trauma!! Better luck next time...if there is one!

Jodi said...

This is hiliarious!

carlyd said...

I am laughing so hard I may just pee my own pants! Classic. I wish I'd been there with you!
xoxo
Carly (with a "C")