Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bird Watching...

I LOVE BIRDS. Its sounds silly, but I always have. Watching them fly around the sky, especially in the large swarms and groups - it absolutely amazes me. They follow each other so exactly and precisely - I just think it is fascinating.

I remember when we were thinking about buying our house and we were standing on the lot. Then all of sudden I heard this loud barking noise and was immediately bummed out - thinking we hard a neighbor with a loud dog. I turned around to my surprise only to see TONS of geese flying over head and calling to each other. I soon learned that our lot buffers the preserved wet lands in our area. Seriously, that was the like biggest selling point to me and we snatched the lot right up!

Three years later, I never cease to enjoy looking out my large living room windows to watch these birds enjoy life. They eat the bugs out of my grass, hang out in the big trees, and annoy the life out of my yorkie.

So, this post is only for me, to remember one of the most favorite things that I adore about living in my house. Its the birds...








4 comments:

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

I love birds as well. I love when there are a TON of them out on the grass and honking and they fly away. I have seen more eagles and hawks around here then any other place. I love your pictures! Also, I cannot believe its already been 3 years. WOW time flies(ha ha ) get it :)

The HousewifeTravels said...

Can't believe there is sm=now on the ground! Are those current pics? We just got the coolers going!

Julie Moore said...

That's a lot of birdies in your backyard! Very cool pictures. We also love our winged friends. Carter's nickname has been been "Carter Bird" since he was a baby. I know he will live up to it and rise above to take flight some day. Can't wait to see you (and the birds) in June!

Chelle said...

Thanks for the reminder...lately I've been cursing the pretty winged creatures. I need to appreciate them for what they are and look past the birdie poop messes they constantly leave behind on my deck and porch. I even scoured some of their "slop" off my garage doors the other day...yuck! We really DO enjoy watching them and should remember they are another one of Heavenly Father's gifts to remind us of His divinity!