Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Karly's Present

I am so excited for Christmas this year! Or it might have to be for her birthday - depends on if I get it done in time. Mike and I are making her her very own dollhouse! I am kinda funny about Barbies (no offense Barbie Lovers!) but I am just not a fan of them. So I wanted to build my own doll house for her with my own size dimensions. I got the idea from my dear friend Stephanie Lund. She had all our Young Women build one at girls camp to donate to the Festival of Trees. It sold for $2400!!!!!!

So, with that, I came home from girls camp ready to make my own. I have been working on it since August - so it has been five months of serious fun for me. Now that it is almost done, I wanted to document my work!

So, today I am posting the pictures of ours from Girls Camp, to show what inspired me. It is so beautiful, I am only hoping mine can be half as good. I have made a few adjustments...we shall see!







6 comments:

Lis said...

Way to go Kel, I love it!! I have never been a Barbie fan either. We NEVER gave Arianna one, though I would have rescinded if she really wanted one. Girly can be so fun, huh!?
So sorry to hear about your little puppy. Good to know that all dogs go to heaven! Have a fabulous Christmas! Hope to see you soon!
love ya!

Spencer and Summer Morris said...

Kelly, that is the most adorable house! She will love that forever! What great parents you are to put in so much time. I hope she loves it! Thanks again for singing!

EatRunWorkPlay said...

Amazing! I'm sure it was a hit!

Kristin Jones said...

That is really cute Kelly! You're amazing!! Karly is going to love it!

Carr Family said...

My dad made a dollhouse for Katy a few years ago, it's similar to the one he made for Rachel and me when we were little. Katy loves hers, and it was so fun for me because he left the inside unfinished, so I got to paint, wallpaper and put carpet and wood flooring in. I even made moulding and baseboards. When Cameron was 5, I caught him playing with it, and he had a chewbacca figure in the nursery, when I asked him what Chewy was doing in the house, he said, "he's the babysitter."

Bethany Davis said...

Kelly that dollhouse is so adorable! I can't believe the amazing detail! I love it!! ps, I hope you don't mind that I peeked at your blog ;)