Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I finally did it!


Well, after 20 years of wondering what I would look like if all my hair was chopped off, I finally did it! I used to honestly say if I moved on from this life without ever taking the plunge and chopping my hair off I would be bummed. I have been so happy with it all! I love the new style and all that short hair brings (less shampoo, no pony tails at night, less hair falling out, quicker brushing, you know - that sort of thing). I was so worried I would look really odd (and one of my neighbors kids did tell me I looked weird, but I am taking it as a compliment!) but feel like it is a fun change and told Mike that it didn't really matter if I looked ugly or not cause he was stuck with me anyway. Thank goodness he liked it though - he has too!

Anyway, cheers to short hair!!!!
I have been preparing to run the "RACE FOR THE CURE" with my dear family in honor of my wonderful Aunt Mary Ann who passed away a few months ago from breast cancer, and decided donating my hair would be another way to honor her. Even though the donations go to children who have permanently lost their hair, it was still a wonderful cause. So on a whim and with encouragement from some dear friends, I just did it.

p.s. Karly loved my pink bandana that I wore in the race and just had to have it on!




The race was absolutely fabulous and watching 18,000 people just in one city come together to honor those who have had this disease is impossible to describe. It was over whelming to see so many different kinds of people who have lost mothers, wives, grandmothers, and sisters. Then there were so many women wearing their SURVIVOR shirts that walk with pride in their step and hope in their faces. I honor my dear Uncle Steve and his 3 children for their strength in participating as well.

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Super cute hair, Kelly! Love it! You'd look cute even if you were bald!

Lynsie said...

I love your hair....but I can't believe you cut it!!! Sounds like you family is doing great!

The HousewifeTravels said...

I screamed out loud! Almost woke up the kids. ADORABLE! I can't wait to see what you can do with that wave you get in your hair. So cool. Miss ya.

Marion said...

Oh my goodness. I'm so proud of you. I love it!!!

Shalee said...

What a great day! Loved every minute:)

Chatty Natty said...

You're amazing as usual and I love your short hair (although it's long for me:)) more and more each time I see your pic. Seriously...U R HOT! And not that you didn't have gorgeous long hair but what took you SOOOO long?? Love and miss you....hope to see you soon!

Lis said...

Way to go girl! Funny how you JUST told me you'd always have long hair, huh?! Funny that I just chopped mine. Not quite as short though. I should have gone just a bit shorter and then I could have donated too. Looks so cute! Love it!
Thanks again for having everyone over! You are such a wonderful host!
love ya Kel!

reyesohana said...

looks darling on you!

Messimoo said...

Hey Kelly, so as my hubby calls it, I was blog stalking.....actually I found your blog on Jamie Christensen's, and thought, it couldn't be. Anyway, you probably don't remember me, we lived in Lookout Point around the time you had Mikey, then you moved into the Heaton's.

Anyway, I would love to tell you who I am but I'm a bit paranoid about personal info. Anyway, send me and email to jssc_busgyt@yahoo.com and I'll send an invite to our blog. If not, I'm glad to see you are doing well and that you finally have a little girly! Your yahoos are so cute!

Thressa said...

You will never know what a gift you have given. You Rock! Thanks for all you do to inspire my life. The destination is always the goal but it is wonderful to make the journy with hair!

Brittany said...

Shocked!!!! I can't believe you cut your hair....so cute!!!!! I love it! I loved your long hair, too, but it went to a good cause and you still have cute hair:) Thanks for encouraging me to keep blogging:) When you asked me how our move was on my blog, I realized I had been slacking...thanks!