Sunday, February 21, 2010



My mom is a firm believer in curtains and has really help me value their appearance in homes. She makes all her own and they look so good! So, with the help of my fabulous neighbor Jane, we went to work to see how we could spice up my living rooms. I love these ones the best because they were so inexpensive!!! The gold swags were hand-me-downs from my great mother in law and the textured ones were on clearance at Walmart - $5 each! Finally my long 72 inch rod is from Ross - the BEST place to buy curtain rods - $20 compared to $60 every where else!


Small windows look great with a small covering and stuck in place by the $2 window brackets at Wal-Mart. I love using them cause I can install them myself and can take them down whenever I want!

Trying to get "manly" curtains for Mikes office was tricky, so I used some pins, 2 curtains spliced in half then sewn together and some rubber bands - wal lah!

These were so fun to do because Jane was so creative and helped me do it all. She just kept wrapping and folding until they turned out right. She was so sweet and gave me all the cream swags because they were left in her house when she moved in and she didn't like them! I love HAND-ME-DOWNS!!! We found these hooks at RodWorks (great website at rodworks.com) for only $3 each - such a steal.


Lots more windows to decorate - so little time...

2 comments:

Hilary said...

wow! those look great. I too have just found the joy of curtains. They really do make a huge impact in a room. Can I borrow your friend, Jane? That is talent!

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

I love the drapes, I really need to get going on my house with them.. I love all of your ideas. Thanks for sharing.