Friday, February 12, 2010

My love of BIG photos!!!



I have had so many comments from friends about my posts of my house - so THANK YOU!!!! I even had a fun visitor this week who was a sister of a college buddy who popped over and wanted to see inside - so fun! Thanks for being so nice to me in my journey of decorating on a budget!!!



Large pictures of my kidlets are some of my most favorite things. So wanted to pass on the details of where to get them CHEAP!
  • Walgreens is one of my favorites for 1 hour printing and I only use them when they have sales - which is all the time. I love them because they allow you to print in "true digital" print which is a 4 x 5.3 and doesn't cut off any edges. They offer amazing things there.
  • Costco is still a favorite of mine even thought their print images aren't as nice. I usually have to fiddle with the photo and make it lighter than expected because Costco usually prints them darker. But you can beat their prices!!! My 16x20 prints were only $5.99 for posters. I love them. Also, they have the cheapest collage prints around. 8x10 and 11x14 are only $2.99 and you can pick background color and title.


These 12x18 were only $2.99 too! We had an Family Home Evening on how much we love it when our kids are happy and smiling. Then we had them search the house for these frames and hung them up in their bathroom so they could see how great they look when they have smiling faces. It turned out to be a wonderful activity, I would totally recommend it!


Finally, a few more of my favorite print websites:

  • I have posted this before, but picnik.com (thanks Liza) is so wonderful! And its free to basic users. I signed up for the $24 a year fee cause it gave me lots more access. But you can do anything you want to your pictures - add words, redder lips, lighter skin, frames, etc... and it is so much easier than photoshop (for me anyway).
  • I also love Artscow.com! I get soooooo many canvas prints, books, and about anything else you can think of for photos through them. Once again, I don't buy normal priced things, but only the sales, which they do almost every day. If you sign up you get 1500 free photos!!! Love this site a ton.

Until next time, happy decorating!!!!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Love, love, love those big pictures of the kids!

Jess said...

Cute Kel. I am a HUGE fan of LARGE photos too.

Chelle said...

I've always thought Costco prints were darker, too, but wasn't sure if I should blame my camera. Thanks for confirming that for me. I'm going to give Walgreens a try. Also, did you know that Inkleys in Draper Peaks has .06 cent 4x6 prints on Tues./Wed. Screamin' deal! Their quality is superb!

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

These are SO awesome, I really would like to come over and see them closely, they look so darling.