Sunday, September 19, 2010

First Day of School, again...



Joey got to start kindergarten this year! The only way I could get him excited was to buy him new shoes. Yah, he's addicted to shoes. Not toys, not treats, shoes. Regardless, those new Tony Hawks got him there so I am not complaining! Love that kid...



I didn't cry this year. Not because I wouldn't miss him dearly, but because I was so proud of him for being brave that I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear. Thanks to a WONDERFUL teacher that everyone has nicknamed "Mary Poppins". I LOVE NICE TEACHERS! I still can't figure out why mean teachers even go into the job...



We are so crowded this year so Dallin gets to go to a portable classroom. I searched the internet and showed him classrooms of kids in African and pretty soon he realized how blessed he was...



I know I am biased, but I think these boys are soooooo handsome. Seriously, I just adore everything about them and think whomever gets to marry these kids someday is extra lucky. I can wear their shirts and shoes now, can't believe it. My babies are growing up. My only solice is I can still beat them in wrestling. Pretty sure by next year that won't happen anymore...



Its amazing how much we complain in the states about education circumstances. Given, I am an advocate for bettering education in every way, but sometimes when you step back and see how other countries struggle, it really makes you realize our blessing. We had a seriously grouchy parent this year over portable classrooms. Seriously? They are better than anything in Africa. Once I showed Dallin these pictures, the despair of having to go the "portable" was gone. It was turned into a lucky gratitude...

3 comments:

The HousewifeTravels said...

Growing up so fast! Good job showing your kids gratitude threw seeing others strife.
I'm fighting for healthy hot lunch meals here and getting a lot of opposition. People can get so closed off in helping better others situation. I can send my kids healthful foods to school but what about the kids who are on the free lunch program. they deserve the same as my kids and we should try and truly feed them and not just fill bellies.
Grateful for people like you!

BSW said...

Your kids are getting so big! You are such a wonderful Mom to take every opportunity to teach them perspective in life. It is so important to have gratitude for what we have been blessed with. Sharon

Julie Moore said...

Don't forget, we've got three gorgeous girls, for your three handsome boys to choose from! We will be FAMILY some day...!